Friday, February 28, 2014

And then there was One

So today was the last day for my original team leader. She is transfering to another department and will be working out of the Tower down town. She starts Monday in her new position, well promotion really. As always, we had the last day send off... we all sat around for an hour and had pizza and such. I am taking over a lot of duties for her in our, well my, current department. There was a lot of last minute cramming this afternoon to make sure I had everything I need. I have no doubts there are a lot of things we will discover as we go that I need to learn remotely from her or from others in my office. She left a pretty big foot print. This I knew. What I didn't know... or know to the extent of which, is how much I'm going to miss her and our daily dose of stupid conversations. I can't even begin to count how many times we were "informed" that we were laughing REALLY loud... as in shut up in the nicest most possible way. She was a kindred spirit of sorts, and though we will still be in contact through work, she won't be right next door working with me on projects and keeping me entertained with her ever twisted sense of humor. We will still see each other when we plan girls night out, and all that, but it still feels kinda empty. I know, pity party table for one, but this is what's on my mind at the moment. First Megan changed companies, and now Lary has moved onto bigger and better things. Last "man" standing from Team South. Not that it's all doom and gloom. The auditing is going as one can expect, and yes my brain is now an over cooked mashed potato. I am taking on developing process charts and some of the manual building duties for the new hires this spring. And I'm working with a new set of team mates. All in all evolution is bound to take place. I'll miss my old team mates, but it's up to me to make the new team as strong as possible.

No comments: