Friday, February 21, 2014

Talking to Myself Again

Well it's blog night... and I got nothing. Our blogs are to show the journey. To ensure accountability. To give us a reference point of where we started to where we are going. Our evolution of thought, life style and focus. Anyone who has seen my blogs in the past are well aware that I have always struggled with this particular forum. Writing a journal holds no interest for me, and being a private person writing a public journal holds even less. As a kid in school, I always failed the journaling assignments. My journal would have about 10 entries (if that) about my horses, dogs, or some mundane child experience (a lot of tree climbing)... then I would get bored and just leave it. Even if we were given time to write in class I would eventually devolve into drawing pictures, making paper puzzles or my version of origami.... which was really just mangled paper. When I participated in the I Ho Chaun the first year (then it was called UBBT) I was positive that I would hold true to form and fail that requirement miserably. Write a couple of blogs because the gun was to my head and then go merrily on my way "forgetting" to do it after the 3rd one. The thing is, I actually succeeded... and believe me, no one was more surprised than I was. Blogging for me is like some form of punishment. I hate doing it, and I sit at the computer and indulge in a healthy dose of self pity before every entry. But I digress. What I learned from sticking with blogging is that it is full of benefits. Being able to look back and read my thoughts helps me to be proud of how far I've come, but to also give me a game plan for the future. I can see where I have room to grow, and when needed a reality check. I'm the biggest whiner when it comes to this requirement, but I also am a firm supporter of it. I see the value and have bought into the idea... kicking and screaming... but still have bought into it. So my journey forward will hopefully be helpful. I don't promise Shakespear, but I'll try not to bore anyone either. I guess part of the game plan is to find something I'm interested in to share. I'll try to keep it relevant, but when I'm having a dry night I'll make an effort to ensure I don't take the rest of you down with me. So yaaaaaa, I guess that's it. Until next week anyway.

No comments: